Newtek provides a secure and reliable infrastructure that offers unsurpassed levels of performance, speed, and network availability to satisfy the high demands of your website, data, and email needs.
Newtek utilizes multi-tiered security measures to ensure the physical security of your data, including 24/7/365 professional security, video surveillance, biometric retinal scanning, and a man-trap entry point.
- An onsite, third-party professional security team monitors Newtek’s datacenter at all times, every day of the year, with high-tech electronic, motion, and video surveillance, in addition to our own 24/7/365 staff.
- Man-trap entry point features bullet proof glass, weight-measurement to deter unauthorized “piggy-backing”, and state-of-the-art biometric retinal scanning.
- If an unauthorized individual attempts to enter the datacenter through the man-trap, an alarm is activated and the man trap doors lock and trap the unauthorized individual inside.
Our network and datacenter facility is located in Scottsdale, Arizona, a geographical area that
touts a relatively stable climate and is free from nearly all natural disaster threats.
- With virtually zero risk of experiencing natural disasters, such as earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados,
blizzards, or landslides, Scottsdale, Arizona is located in a geographical area free from nearly all
catastrophic threats that could cripple networks located in other parts of the globe.
- Scottsdale ranks low among large cities as a target of terrorist or malicious activity.
Newtek uses top-of-the-line UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) systems for protection against
power spikes and outages, making sure your website is online at all times.
- Our datacenter receives power via dual feed from separate sub stations.
- Multiple and redundant 2Mw Caterpillar diesel generators supply robust power for
increased system reliability.
- Onsite fuel reserves provide multiple days of uninterrupted availability.
- Backup generators are tested weekly.
- In the event of a prolonged outage, generators can power the datacenter indefinitely.
Our datacenter features a dedicated humidification system that stabilizes humidity levels within the server room, creating optimal hardware operating conditions and ensuring the longest life on all equipment.
- Eliminates static electrical discharges that can cause circuit boards to expand and contract,
damaging servers and decreasing uptime levels.
- Maintains proper humidity levels to ensure longest life for all equipment in Arizona’s dry climate.
- Reduces and suspends airborne dust with use of ultrasonic, ultra clean water for increased stabilization.
With an advanced temperature control system in place, Newtek servers are always running
within a cool, healthy datacenter environment.
- EC Fans provide optimized air distribution with no belt abrasion and less vibration for
optimal operating conditions.
- Advanced Computer Air Conditioning (CRAC) units monitor and maintain temperature, air
distribution, and humidity to keep the data center cool.
- A + B cooling loops, heat exchanger bypass, and redundant pumps are used for reliable
Newtek’s servers and networking equipment benefit from an advanced cooling system that handles
high level heat loads, doing much more than air conditioning alone.
- Two 600 ton Chiller System pumps recycle cold water underneath an elevated floor so air can rise
through the separated sections via floor vents, forming cold aisles.
- The cold air flows through the server racks where it picks up heat before exiting from the rear of the racks.
- The warm exit air forms “hot aisles” behind the racks, and the hot air dissipates through the
Data Center Features
Newtek’s datacenter features a segregated maintenance room, preventing third-party maintenance workers or contractors from gaining physical access to server rooms or network equipment.
- Pre-action fire suppression with VESDA detection.
- Shipping docks are located separately from receiving areas to minimize unauthorized access.
- Raised datacenter floors allow chilled pumped air to cool server aisles through selected floor vents.
SAS 70 Type II (SSAE 16-SOC 1)
Newtek successfully completed the SSAE 16 (SOC 1) audit, which is an attestation standard put
forth by the Auditing Standards Board (ASB) of the American Institute of Certified Public
Accountants (AICPA). SSAE 16 effectively replaces ‘SAS 70 Type II’ as of June 15, 2011.
- Our procedures and controls were formally and thoroughly reviewed, evaluated and found to meet this
standard by an independent accounting firm.
- The audit included comprehensive reviews and tests of our infrastructure, including datacenter operations, server monitoring, and security measures. This certification demonstrates that we have the proper procedures and safeguards in place to protect websites and critical data.
Network Operations Center (NOC)
Our state-of-the art Network Operations Center (NOC), and staff of highly trained, highly qualified system administrators, ensure up-to-the-second response times for the needs of your services.
- Newtek only hires highly qualified datacenter and network administrators, providing each new employee with months of additional specialized training.
- Network and system administrators are staffed and available at all times, everyday of the year, including major holidays, to make certain any and all issues are resolved quickly, no matter the date or time.
Newtek implements complete network redundancy at all key points to ensure uninterrupted connec-
tions, from peers, border routers, core routers, and firewalls to ensure your sites are always online.
- All network equipment is enterprise, service-provider grade with redundancy within all devices as well.
- Our network incorporates Multiple Tier 1 connectivity providers with GigE (Gigabit Ethernet)
Internet connections for a superior level of thru-put and uptime.
- Each server set utilizes a multi-gigabit fiber optic backbone, and each server segment is sup-
ported by a separate gigabit sub, or “maintenance,” network to eliminate data
All of our servers are racked in state-of-the-art managed segments utilizing the best hand-picked, server-class components to allow for optimal runtime, performance, and reduced hardware failures.
- Servers in our shared segment utilize RAID array technology to ensure your data and
information is safe and available in the rare event of hard drive failure.
- Raid technology uses multiple hard disk drives within each server to achieve a higher level of
performance and reliability.
- An expansive amount of hardware is stored on-site so that our datacenter administrators can quickly perform any necessary hardware maintenance.